MIGRAINE HEADACHES MAY INDICATE DEADLY OUTCOMEMay 10, 2021
Stress Management Strategies
Why is Stress Management important in spinal conditions? The old phrase, “Stress Kills” has merit. Stress will lower your immune system and your ability to heal. It will cause the breakdown of muscle tissue and weaken ligaments and tendons. The physiological effects on the liver and circulatory system is devastating. For these reasons, let’s take a look as some ways to manage our stress.
Cognitive Therapy, Laughter and Humor, Conflict Resolution, Meditation, Positive Affirmations, Visualizations, Social Interaction and Support, Organizational and Time management, and Anger Management are all great ways to reduce stress.
Here are some more great tips to deal with stress.
• Always stay calm and speak to others in a positive and respectful manner.
• Learn about time management, get organized, create a to-do list, and tackle your tasks or issues one at a time. Make lists, live by a list and schedule.
• Physical exercise is the best way to relieve stress. Aerobic exercise and physical activity help reduce the effects of stress on the body.
• Get outside for fresh air and sunlight (without sun screen). Depression is higher in countries that have less sunlight.
• Vitamin C has been shown in research to reduce the effects of stress. 5,00-20,000 mg/day
• Foods rich in omega 3 fatty acids are essential to brain function.
• Frequent breaks with stretching and massages help reduce tension.
• Stop or limit caffeine and alcohol consumption. Switch to herbal teas and coffee substitutes: Raja’s Cup, licorice root tea.
• Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated: 64-80 oz water (can consume ½ volume as fresh green tea, not bottled green tea).
• Volunteer. Helping others and our worries and regrets are lessened.
• Speak to your friends and family.
• Speak to a qualified professional.